Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Holiday Weekend

So happy to have taken a couple of extra days off to total 5 days.  yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy  It's been so nice to just relax and knit.  I have been doing a few other things and will do some garden stuff tomorrow morning at least and organize some stuff in the garage.

Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair is over for this year.  It was truly wonderful to be inside the Arena at Salt Lake County Equestrian Park this year.  The best part?  No canopies to set up.

To catch up on projects:

The Chocolate Sweater

The Rockefeller Shawl as it is getting Clue 2


I also have been reworking the Ophir Creek yarn sweater:

Ravelled and skeined


5 minutes later after it was steamed

I steam with this fabulous tool

I also finish my skeins that I am to enter in competitions using the steamer.  So slick.  This is a Presto brand Tea Pot.

I had something special happen a couple of weeks ago:

 And:

The only thing I did to make them bloom really was to water them with warm water a couple of times.  Magic.

I have been doing a bit of applique.  I didn't finish the center medallions for the Red Aunt Millies Garden Quilt.  So, I have been cutting tons of little pieces and hand appliqueing them together to form the rounds.  I will post a pic of the quilt top again with all of them.  Blurry!  yikes.


That's it for today.  I think I will be working on the 2011 Civil War quilt tomorrow.  One more set of blocks, then sew the whole center together.  Then, a ton of border blocks.  That will be a project.  Just cutting the pieces will be a marathon, let alone sewing them all.  I think there are 64 blocks?  sheesh

OH!! I almost forgot, I was awarded the Best In Show rosette for my Gray Handspun Bluebird sweater.  I am so happy about that.  I have it entered in the State Fair, so I have my fingers crossed.  When it returns to the house I will take a pic of the finished project.  So proud.

J

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your best of show! And I am sure Signature was not happy with your letter :) Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete